Potatoes are rich with complex carbohydrates and they only contain a few calories which is good for people on a diet. Baked potatoes are considered as the favorite dish for Americans during dinner for a long time now. Partnered with butter, sour cream, and chives or just eaten on its own, you will never get tired of your tasty spud.
Things Needed for Baked Potatoes
– Four large potatoes
– Cooking oil
– Bristle brush
– Medium-sized bowl
– Baking sheet
Stages in Baking Your Potatoes
1. Select good looking and quality potatoes to be used for your baked potatoes and mostly, russet potatoes are the best ones to use. Check the spuds carefully that there are no sprouts or bruises in them before buying.
2. Place the potatoes in a strainer in preparation for washing them at the sink.
3. With the use of a stiff bristle brush, scrub the potatoes carefully as you wash them completely with cold water. Just be cautious in scrubbing so as not to peel the skin of the potatoes.
4. Use a fork to poke some holes into each potato. Do the poking for about 8 to 12 times and ensure that the holes made are spread evenly around the potato for it to be cooked evenly while baking.
5. Put a little amount of cooking oil in a bowl that is sufficient enough to hold a potato.
6. Coat each potato lightly with cooking oil. Do it by dabbing each one into the oil and use your hand to spread the oil on the entire surface of the potato.
7. Put the oiled potatoes in a tray and salt each one lightly using a sea salt or a regular one.
8. Place the potatoes inside the oven with a baking sheet right underneath them to catch the drippings while they are being baked.
9. Four large baked potatoes will get cooked for about an hour at an oven temperature of 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Before you take your baked potatoes out of the oven make sure that they are already soft and their skin is crispy.
10. After baking them, let them cool down a little for seven to ten minutes before you serve your baked potatoes at dinner.
– Fork down a line at the center of each potato for a trouble-free opening.
– If you are baking more than four potatoes, it is advisable that you lengthen your cooking time for about 15 minutes more.
– Using the microwave instead of baking the potatoes in the oven will lessen the essential nutrients of the spuds.
For more information on How To Bake A Potato read:
How To Bake A Potato