Pork chop is a cut of pork that is perpendicular to the pig’s spine, containing a part of the rib or vertebra. It if often served as an individual portion. One of the best ways of cooking the meat is by baking it. To ensure that the meat is properly prepared and cooked, it is important to learn the appropriate baking temperature and time for pork chops. Additionally, it is beneficial to know the ingredients that can enhance the taste or flavor of the meat. Featured below are some easy recipes that you can use to learn how to bake pork chops, the best way possible.
Recommended Temperature and Time
While baking the meat, avoid setting the temperature of the oven above 350 degrees Fahrenheit. To prevent the meat from drying, you can pour ½ a cup of water into the baking dish and cover it before placing it in the oven. Remove the cover after 15 minutes and return to oven. Allow the meat to brown. The average cooking time is half hour but the time also depends on the thickness of the meat. If you like to eat a plain baked pork chop, you can season the meat with freshly ground pepper and salt before baking.
Baked Pork Chops in Creamy Mushroom Sauce
If you are interested in improving the aroma and taste of traditional baked pork chop, then follow this recipe. To start with, get all the ingredients.
Ingredients Required to Make Baked Pork Chops in Creamy Mushroom Sauce
The ingredients required to make this dish include:
- 6 pork chops
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 large onions
- a can of condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 ¼ cup milk
- 4 medium size potatoes
Instructions to Cook Baked Pork Chops in Creamy Mushroom Sauce
The following are the simple steps involved in preparing this delectable dish.
- Set the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and preheat.
- Brush a baking dish with butter.
- Season 6 pork chops with 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground pepper.
- Heat a pan on medium fire and melt the remaining butter. Place the meats on the pan and cook until both sides are evenly brown. Remove the chops from the pan. Sauté finely chopped 2 large onions. Add in 1 1/4 cups of milk and a can of mushroom soup. Stir for a minute and transfer in a bowl. Set aside.
- Thinly slice 4 medium sized potatoes and arrange in the baking dish. Top the potatoes with the chops and add in the soup mixture. Cover the baking dish and place inside the oven. Uncover the dish after 15 minutes and return to the oven. Cook for 45 minutes. Check if the potatoes are done. If not, return to the oven and cook for another 15 minutes.
Your delicious pork chops are ready to be savored and enjoyed!
More Information on How to Bake Pork Chops
For more information on how To bake pork chops, you can also read:
How To Bake Pork Chops